Toyota Tacoma 2015-2018 Service Manual: Vehicle Speed Signal Malfunction (B2282,B2283)
- When using the Techstream with the engine switch off, connect the Techstream to the DLC3 and turn a courtesy light switch on and off at intervals of 1.5 seconds or less until communication between the Techstream and the vehicle begins. Then select the vehicle type under manual mode and enter the following menus: Body Electrical / Smart Key. While using the Techstream, periodically turn a courtesy light switch on and off at intervals of 1.5 seconds or less to maintain communication between the Techstream and the vehicle.
- The smart key system (for Start Function) uses a multiplex communication system (LIN communication system) and the CAN communication system. Inspect the communication function by following How to Proceed with Troubleshooting.
Troubleshoot the smart key system (for Start Function) after confirming that the communication systems are functioning properly.
- Before replacing the certification ECU (smart key ECU assembly), refer to the smart key system (for Start Function) precaution (See page ).
- Inspect the fuses of circuits related to this system before performing the following inspection procedure.
- After performing repairs, perform the operation that fulfills the DTC output confirmation operation, and then confirm that no DTCs are output again.