Toyota Sienna Service Manual: Power Slide Door Pulse Sensor Malfunction onRear Right Door
Toyota Sienna Service Manual: Power Slide Door Pulse Sensor Malfunction on Rear Right Door
DTC B2223 Power Slide Door Pulse Sensor Malfunction on Rear Right Door
- A pulse sensor is built into slide door RH for jam and foreign object detection and for slide door position detection. The jam and foreign object detection feature of the pulse sensor monitors the operating speed of the slide door while the power slide door is in operation. The slide door position detection feature of the pulse sensor monitors where the slide door is. If the slide door position detection feature outputs a pulse signal that is out of the normal range, the power slide door ECU RH will set DTC B2223.
- If DTC B2223 is set, the power slide door system will be turned off. Thus, the slide door can be moved freely and will be switched to manual operation mode (not electrically controlled).
- In order to restore the power slide door system to normal operation mode, first solve the problem indicated by DTC B2223 and then manually close the slide door fully (reset operation).
DTC Detection Condition
|Power slide door RH does not operate||
1 CHECK WIRE HARNESS (MOTOR AND CLUTCH RH - POWER SLIDE DOOR ECU RH)
- Disconnect the P22 motor and clutch, and P27 ECU connectors.
- Check the resistance between the wire harness side connectors.
Resistance (Check for open circuit)
2 INSPECT SLIDE DOOR CONTROL MOTOR AND CLUTCH ASSEMBLY RH
- Remove the motor and clutch.
- Connect the battery positive (+) lead to terminal 3 and battery negative (-) terminal lead to terminal 2.
- Apply battery voltage to the terminals and check the motor operation.
- Check the resistance of the clutch terminals.
- Reinstall the motor and clutch with the connector connected.
- Check the pulse of the pulse sensor.
- Using an oscilloscope, check the pulse generated when the door is manually opened and closed.
HINT: A cycle of the pulse changes between approx. 10 to 20 msec. according to the speeds that the slide door is moving.
NOTICE: When disconnecting the control motor and clutch, initialize the power slide door system.
REPLACE POWER SLIDE DOOR ECU RH
Terminals of ECU