Toyota Sienna Service Manual: Open in ABS Solenoid Relay Circuit
This relay supplies power to each ABS solenoid.
Immediately after the ignition switch is turned to the ON position, the relay turns on if the solenoid is determined to be normal as a result of self-diagnosis during initial check.
The relay turns off if an open/short is detected.
If the voltage supplied to the motor relay (+BS) is below the DTC detection threshold due to low voltage from the battery/alternator, the DTCs may be stored.
Refer to DTCs C0226/21, C0236/22, C0246/23 and C0256/24 (See page BC-29).
1 INSPECT FUSE (ABS 2 FUSE)
(a) Remove the ABS 2 fuse from the FL block.
(b) Measure the resistance according to the value(s) in the table below.
2 INSPECT SKID CONTROL ECU (+BS TERMINAL VOLTAGE)
(a) Install the ABS 2 fuse.
(b) Disconnect the skid control ECU connector.
(c) Measure the voltage according to the value(s) in the table below
3 INSPECT SKID CONTROL ECU (GND TERMINAL CONTINUITY)
(a) Measure the resistance according to the value(s) in the table below.
4 RECONFIRM DTC
(a) Clear the DTCs (See page BC-10).
(b) Start the engine.
(c) Drive the vehicle at the speed of 6 km/h (4 mph) or more.
(d) Check that the same DTCs are recorded (See page BC- 10).
- Reinstall the sensors, connectors, etc. and restore the vehicle to its prior condition before rechecking for DTCs.
- If a speed signal of 6 km/h (4 mph) or more is input to the skid control ECU, with the ignition switch on and the stop light switch off, the ECU performs selfdiagnosis of the motor and solenoid circuits.
- If any DTCs are output while jiggling a connector or wire harness of the brake actuator (skid control ECU), inspect and repair the connector or wire harness.
- If the normal system code is output, slightly jiggle the connectors, wire harnesses, and fuses of the brake actuator assembly. Make sure that no DTCs are output.
- These DTCs may be memorized due to a malfunction in the connector terminal connection, etc.
REPLACE BRAKE ACTUATOR ASSEMBLY
Low Battery Positive VoltageDTC C1241/41 Low Battery Positive Voltage DESCRIPTION If there is a problem with the brake actuator assembly (skid control ECU) power supply circuit, the skid control ECU outputs the DTC and proh ...
CD Sound Skips
INSPECTION PROCEDURE 1 CHECK CD Check the CD. OK: The CD is clean. HINT: If dirt is on the CD surface, wipe it clean with a soft cloth from the inside to the outside in a radial direction. NOTICE: Do not use a conventional record cleaner or antistatic preservative. 2 CHECK CD ...
1. INSTALL FRONT SHOULDER BELT ANCHOR ADJUSTER ASSEMBLY Install the front shoulder belt anchor adjuster assembly with the bolt. Torque: 42 N*m (430 kgf*cm, 31 ft.*lbf) 2. INSTALL CENTER PILLAR UPPER GARNISH 3.