Toyota Sienna Service Manual: A Remote Control System does not Operate
1 CHECK SYSTEM
- Check that the remote control operation of the rear system is not locked by the radio receiver or the radio and navigation assembly.
- Check if "Rear System Locked" appears on the television display assembly.
OK: The message does not appear.
2 CHECK BATTERY (REMOTE CONTROLLER)
- Check the battery.
- Check that the dry-cell battery used for the remote controller is not depleted.
OK: It is not depleted
3 CLEAN THE INFRARED RAY EMITTING PORTION
- Clean the infrared ray emitting portion.
- Clean the infrared ray emitting portion on the rear display assembly.
- Check whether the same malfunction occurs.
OK: The function returns to normal.