Toyota RAV4 Service Manual: Purpose of readiness tests
- The on-board diagnostic (obd ii) system is designed to monitor the performance of emission related components, and indicate any detected abnormalities with dtc (diagnostic trouble codes). Since various components need to be monitored during different driving conditions, the obd ii system is designed to run separate monitoring programs called readiness monitors.
- The intelligent tester's software must be version 9.0 Or newer to view the readiness monitor status. To view the status, select the following menu items: diagnosis / enhanced obd ii / monitor info / monitor status.
- When the readiness monitor status reads compl (complete), the necessary conditions have been met for running the performance tests for that readiness monitor.
- A generic obd ii scan tool can also be used to view the readiness monitor status.
Many state inspection and maintenance (i/m) programs require a vehicle's readiness monitor status to show compl before beginning emission tests.
The readiness monitor will be reset to incmpl (incomplete) if:
- The ecm has lost battery power or blown a fuse.
- Dtcs have been cleared.
- The conditions for running the readiness monitor have not been met.
If the readiness monitor status shows incmpl, follow the appropriate readiness monitor drive pattern to change the status to compl.
Strictly observe posted speed limits, traffic laws, and road conditions when performing these drive patterns.
These drive patterns represent the fastest method of satisfying all conditions necessary to achieve complete status for each specific readiness monitor.
In the event of a drive pattern being interrupted (possibly due to factors such as traffic conditions), the drive pattern can be resumed. In most cases, the readiness monitor will still achieve complete status upon completion of the drive pattern.
To ensure completion of the readiness monitors, avoid sudden changes in vehicle load and speed (driving up and down hills and/or sudden acceleration).
Usb port/aux port
Connect an ipod, usb memory device or portable audio player to the usb/aux port as indicated below. Select “ipod”, “usb” or “aux” on the audio source selection screen and the device can be operated via audio system. Connecting using the usb/aux port Ipod Open the cover and connect ...
Description The battery supplies electricity to the ecm even when the ignition switch is in the off position. This power allows the ecm to store data such as dtc history, freeze frame data and fuel trim values. If the battery voltage falls below a minimum level, the memory is cleared and ...
Hint: When scrapping vehicles equipped with a seat belt pretensioner or disposing of a front seat outer belt (with seat belt pretensioner), always first activate the seat belt pretensioner in accordance with the procedures described below.