Toyota RAV4 Owners Manual: If you thinksomething is wrong
Toyota RAV4 Owners Manual: If you think something is wrong
If you notice any of the following symptoms, your vehicle probably needs adjustment or repair. Contact your toyota dealer as soon as possible.
- Fluid leaks under the vehicle (water dripping from the air conditioning after use is normal.)
- Flat-looking tires or uneven tire wear
- High engine coolant temperature warning light comes on
- Changes in exhaust sound
- Excessive tire squeal when cornering
- Strange noises related to the suspension system
- Pinging or other noises related to the engine
- Engine missing, stumbling or running roughly
- Appreciable loss of power
- Vehicle pulls heavily to one side when braking
- Vehicle pulls heavily to one side when driving on a level road
- Loss of brake effectiveness, spongy feeling, pedal almost touches the floor
Fuel pump shut off systemTo minimize the risk of fuel leakage when the engine stalls or when an airbag inflates upon collision, the fuel pump shut off system stops the supply of fuel to the engine. Follow the procedure bel ...
Air conditioning filter
The air conditioning filter must be changed regularly to maintain air conditioning efficiency. Removal method Vehicles without a smart key system: turn the engine switch to the “lock” position. Vehicles with a smart key system: turn the engine switch off. Open the glove box. Slide ...
Abs warning light remains on
Description If any of the following conditions are detected, the abs warning light remains on: The ecu connectors are disconnected from the skid control ecu. There is a malfunction in the skid control ecu internal circuit. There is an open or short in the wire harness between the combinat ...
Disassembly (2006/01- )
Remove front axle inboard joint boot no. 2 Clamp One touch type: using a screwdriver, remove the no. 2 Inboard joint boot clamp, as shown in the illustration. Claw engagement type: using needle-nose pliers, remove the no.