Toyota Highlander Service Manual: Skid control sensor (FF)
- Use the same procedures for the RH side and LH side.
- The procedures listed below are for the LH side.
1. REMOVE REAR WHEEL
2. DISCONNECT SKID CONTROL SENSOR WIRE
(a) Disconnect the connector from the skid control sensor.
3. SEPARATE REAR DISC BRAKE CALIPER ASSY LH (SEE PAGE 30-53 )
4. REMOVE REAR DISC (SEE PAGE 30-53 )
5. REMOVE REAR AXLE HUB & BEARING ASSY LH (SEE PAGE 30-53 )
6. REMOVE SKID CONTROL SENSOR
(a) Mount the hub & bearing assy on a soft jaw vise.
NOTICE: Replace the hub & bearing assy if it is dropped or receives a strong shock.
(b) Using a pin punch and hammer, drive out the 2 pins and remove the 2 attachments from SST.
(c) Using SST and 2 bolts (Diameter: 12 mm, pitch: 1.5 mm), remove the skid control sensor from the hub & bearing assy.
SST 09520- 00031 (09520- 00040), 09521- 00020, 09950-00020
- If damage is inflicted to the sensor rotor, replace the hub & bearing assy.
- Do not scratch the contacting surface of the hub & bearing assy and the skid control sensor.
7. INSTALL SKID CONTROL SENSOR
(a) Clean the contacting surface of the rear axle hub and a assy and a new skid control sensor.
NOTICE: Prevent foreign matter from attaching to the sensor rotor.
(b) Place the skid control sensor on the rear axle hub so that the connector makes the lowest position under the onvehicle condition.
(c) Using SST and a press, install the skid control sensor onto the hub & bearing assy.
SST 09214-7601 1
- Do not tap the skid control sensor with a hammer directly.
- Check that there is no foreign matter on the skid control sensor detection portion.
- Press in the skid control sensor straight and slowly.
8. INSTALL REAR AXLE HUB & BEARING ASSY LH (SEE PAGE 30-53 )
9. INSPECT BEARING BACKLASH (SEE PAGE 30-53 )
10. INSPECT AXLE HUB DEVIATION (SEE PAGE 30-53 )
11. INSTALL REAR DISC (SEE PAGE 30-53 )
12. INSTALL REAR DISC BRAKE CALIPER ASSYLH (SEE PAGE 30-53 )
13. CONNECT SKID CONTROL SENSOR WIRE
(a) Connect the connector to the skid control sensor.
14. INSTALL REAR WHEEL
Torque: 103 NVm (1,050 kgfVcm, 76 ftVlbf)
15. INSPECT AND ADJUST REAR WHEEL ALIGNMENT (SEE PAGE 27-5 )
16. CHECK ABS SPEED SENSOR SIGNAL (SEE PAGE 05-765 )