Toyota Highlander Service Manual: Oil filter sub-ASSY (3MZ-FE)
- Prolonged and repeated contact of mineral oil with the skin will deplete the skin's natural fats, leading to dryness, irritation and dermatitis. In addition, used engine oil contains harmful contaminants which may cause skin cancer.
- Wear protective clothing and gloves to minimize the length and frequency of contact between the skin and used oil. If contact does occur, wash your skin thoroughly with soap and water or waterless hand cleaner. Do not use gasoline, thinners or solvents to wash the skin.
- In order to preserve the environment, dispose of used oil and used oil filters only at designated disposal site.
1. REMOVE ENGINE UNDER COVER NO.1
2. DRAIN ENGINE OIL
(a) Remove the oil filler cap.
(b) Remove the oil drain plug and drain the oil into a container.
3. REMOVE OIL FILTER SUB-ASSY
(a) Using SST, remove the oil filter.
4. INSTALL OIL FILTER SUB-ASSY
(a) Check and clean the oil filter installation surface.
(b) Apply clean engine oil to the gasket of a new oil filter.
(c) Lightly screw the oil filter into place by hand, Tighten it until the gasket contacts the seat.
(d) Using SST, tighten the oil filter.
- Depending on the work space available, choose from the following.
If enough space is available, use SST to tighten the oil filter.
Torque: 17.5 NVm (178 kgfVcm, 13 ftVlbf)
If not enough space is available to use SST, tighten the oil filter a 3/4 turn by hand.
5. ADD ENGINE OIL
(a) Clean and install the oil drain plug with a new gasket.
Torque: 45 NVm (459 kgfVcm, 33 ftVlbf)
(b) Fill with fresh engine oil.
(c) Install the oil filler cap.
6. CHECK FOR ENGINE OIL LEAKS
7. INSTALL ENGINE UNDER COVER NO.1
Lubrication system (3MZ-FE)ON-VEHICLE INSPECTION 1. CHECK ENGINE OIL LEVEL (a) Warm up the engine, stop the engine and wait for 5 minutes. The oil level should be between the dipstick's low level mark and full level mark. ...
More about Toyota Highlander:
Exhaust pipe ASSY (3MZ-FE)
COMPONENTS REPLACEMENT NOTICE: Check if an old gasket remains on the pipe. If remains, remove it. Check if any bolts or nuts are rusted. If rusted, replace them. 1. REMOVE HEATED OXYGEN SENSOR (a) Remove the 2 heated oxygen sensors (bank 1, 2 sensor 2). 2.