Toyota Corolla Repair Manual: Tire & wheel
Wheel and tire system
1. Inspect tire
- check the tires for wear and proper inflation pressure.
Cold tire inflation pressure:
- Using a dial indicator, check the tire runout.
Tire runout: 3.0 Mm (0.118 In.) Or less
2. Rotate tire
: see the illustration for where to rotate each tire when you include the spare tire in the rotation and when you do not.
3. Inspect wheel balance
- Check and adjust the off–the–car balance.
- if necessary, check and adjust the on–the–car balance.
Imbalance after adjustment: 8.0 G (0.018 Lb) or less
4. Inspect bearing backlash
5. Inspect axle hub deviation
Stabilizer bar rearReplacement Hint: components: 1. Remove stabilizer bar rear Remove the 2 bolts, nuts and stabilizer bar. 2. Install stabilizer bar rear Install the 2 bolts, nuts and stabilizer b ...
Using a flat bed truck
If you use chains or cables to tie down your vehicle, the angles shaded in black must be 45°. Do not overly tighten the tie downs or the vehicle may be damaged. ■Before emergency towing 1 Vehicles without a smart key system: Put the engine switch in the “ACC” (engine off) or “ON” posi ...
1. Inspect 4th gear thrust clearance Using a feeler gauge, measure the 4th gear thrust clearance. 4Th gear thrust clearance: 2. Inspect 3rd gear thrust clearance Using a dial indicator, measure the 3rd gear thrust clearance. 3Rd gear thrust clearance: 3.