Toyota Corolla Repair Manual: Oil filter sub–assy
- prolonged and repeated contact with mineral oil will result in the removal of natural fats from the skin, leading to dryness, irritation and dermatitis. In addition, used engine oil contains potentially harmful contaminants which may cause skin cancer.
- Exercise caution in order to minimize the length and frequency of contact of your skin to used oil. Wear protective clothing and gloves. Wash your skin thoroughly with soap and water, or use water–less hand cleaner to remove any used engine oil. Do not use gasoline, thinners, or solvents.
- In order to preserve the environment, used oil and used oil filter must be disposed of only at designated disposal sites.
1. Remove engine under cover rh
2. Drain engine oil
- remove the oil pan drain plug and drain the engine oil.
3. Remove oil filter sub–assy
- Using sst, remove the oil filter sst 09228–06501
4. Install oil filter sub–assy
- Check and clean the oil filter installation surface.
- apply clean engine oil to the gasket of a new oil filter.
- lightly screw the oil filter into place, and tighten it until the gasket contacts the seat.
- using sst, tighten it an additional 3/4 turn.
5. Install oil pan drain plug
- Clean and install the oil pan drain plug with a new gasket.
Torque: 37 nvm (377 Kgf·cm, 27 in.Vlbf)
6. Add engine oil
drain and refill w/ oil filter change 3.7 Liters (3.9 Us qts, 3.3 Lmp. Qts) drain and refill w/o oil filter change 3.5 Liters (3.7 Us qts, 3.1 Lmp. Qts) dry fill 4.2 Liters (4.4 Us qts, 3.7 Lmp. Qts)
7. Inspect oil leak
Overhaul1. Remove oil pump relief valve Remove the oil pump relief valve plug, oil pump relief valve spring and oil pump relief valve. Oil pump relief valve plug oil pump relief ...
Front differential oil seal (atm)
Replacement 1. Remove front wheels 2. Remove engine under cover rh 3. Remove engine under cover lh 4. Drain automatic transaxle fluid remove the drain plug, gasket and drain atf. install a new gasket and drain plug. Torque: 17.5 Nvm (178 Kgf·cm, 13 ft·lbf) 5. Remove front ...
1. Problem symptom confirmation Taking into consideration the results of the customer problem analysis, try to reproduce the symptoms of the trouble. If the problem is that the transaxle does not shift up, shift down, or the shift point is too high or too low conduct the following road ...
Air conditioning filter
The air conditioning filter must be changed regularly to maintain air conditioning efficiency. Removal method 1Turn the engine switch off. 2 Open the glove box. Slide off the damper. 3 Push in the glove box on the vehicle’s outer side to disconnect the claws.