Toyota Corolla Repair Manual: Adjustment
1. Check and adjust brake pedal height
- Inspect brake pedal height.
Pedal height from asphalt sheet: m/t: 134.9 – 144.9 Mm (5.311 – 5.703 In.) A/t: 136.0 – 146.0 Mm (5.353 – 5.747 In.)
- Disconnect the connector from the stop lamp switch.
- Remove the stop lamp switch.
- Loosen the clevis lock nut.
- Adjust the pedal height by turning the pedal push rod.
- Tighten the push rod lock nut.
Torque: 26 nvm (265 Kgf·cm, 19 ft·lbf)
- install the stop lamp switch.
- Connect the connector to the stop lamp switch.
- Push the brake pedal in 5 – 15 mm (0.20 – 0.59 In.), And turn the stop lamp switch to lock the nut in the position where the stop lamp goes off.
- After installation, push the brake pedal in 5 – 15 mm (0.20 – 0.59 In.), Check that stop lamp comes on.
2. Check pedal free play
- Stop the engine and depress the brake pedal several times until there is no more vacuum left in the booster.
- push in the pedal until the beginning of the resistance is felt. Measure the distance, as shown in the installation.
Pedal free play: 1 – 6 mm (0.04 – 0.24 In.)
If incorrect, check the stop lamp switch clearance.
If the clearance is ok, then troubleshoot the brake system.
Stop lamp switch clearance: 0.5 – 2.4 Mm (0.020 – 0.094 In.)
3. Check pedal reserve distance
- Release the parking brake lever.
With engine running, depress the pedal and measure the pedal reserve distance, as shown in the installation.
Pedal reserve distance from asphalt sheet at 490 n (50 kgf, 110.2 Lbf): more than 70 mm (2.76 In.)
If incorrect, troubleshoot the brake system.
Rear door belt moulding assy lh
Replacement Hint: the installation procedures are the removal procedures in reverse order. Use the same procedures for the rh side and lh side. 1. Remove rear armrest assy lh 2. Remove power window regulator switch assy rear (w/ power window) 3. Remove rear door window regulator han ...
Hint: the most difficult case in troubleshooting is when no symptoms occurs. In such cases, a thorough customer problem analysis must be carried out. Then the same or similar conditions and environment in which the problem occurred in the customer’s vehicle should be simulated. No matter how ...
Hint: components: 1. Discharge refrigerant from refrigeration system sst 07110–58060 (07117–58080, 07117–58090, 07117–78050, 07117–88060, 07117–88070, 07117–88080) 2.