Replacing the air cleaner element
Replace the air cleaner element according to the maintenance schedule in the “Warranty and Maintenance Booklet”. Under extremely dusty conditions, replace it more frequently. It is recommended that you always use genuine SUBARU parts.
1) Hydraulic hose
3) Connector cable
1. Remove the hydraulic hose in the power steering system from the clip on the right side of the air cleaner case.
2. Unplug the connector that is attached to the top of the air cleaner case.
3. To remove the connector cable from the air cleaner case, remove the clip that is attached to the connector cable from the guide lug on the right side of the air cleaner case.
4. Loosen the screw on the clamp.
5. Unsnap the two clips holding the air cleaner case cover.
6. Open the air cleaner case and remove the air cleaner element.
7. Clean the inside of the air cleaner case and case cover with a damp cloth and install a new air cleaner element.
8. To install the air cleaner case, insert the three projections on the air cleaner case into the slits on the air cleaner case cover.
9. Install the removed or loosened parts in the reverse order of removal.
Changing a flat tire
WARNING ● Do not jack up the vehicle on an incline or a loose road surface. The jack can come out of the jacking point or sink into the ground and this can result in a serious accident. ...
The alarm system helps to protect your vehicle and valuables from theft. The horn sounds and the turn signal lights flash if someone attempts to break into your vehicle.