Nissan Rogue Service Manual: Parking brake shoe
Inspection and Adjustment
- Adjust parking brake pedal stroke. Refer to PB-4, "Inspection and Adjustment".
- Perform parking brake break-in (drag on) operation by driving vehicle under the following conditions:
- Drive forward
- Vehicle speed: Approx. 40 km/h (25 MPH) set (constant and forward)
- Parking brake operating force: Approx. 160 +30.0 N (16.3 +3.1 kg-f, 36.0 +6.7 lb-f)
- Time: Approx. 10 +5.0 seconds.
CAUTION: To prevent lining from getting too hot, allow a cool off period of approximately 5 minutes after every break-in operation.
- After the break-in procedure, check parking pedal stroke of parking brake.
CAUTION: If it is out of the specification, adjust again. Refer to PB-4, "Inspection and Adjustment".
ADJUSTMENT AFTER INSTALLATION
- Adjust the parking brake pedal stroke. Refer to PB-4, "Inspection and Adjustment".
- Rotate the disc brake rotor with the parking brake pedal released and check that there is no drag.
CAUTION: If any drag is found, verify the parking brake components are installed and adjusted correctly.
Parking brake systemInspection and Adjustment INSPECTION Pedal Stroke Operate the parking brake pedal with a force of 196 N (20.0 kg-f, 44.1 lb-f). Check that the pedal stroke is within the specified num ...
Exploded View Rivet Clevis pin Brake pedal Brake pedal pad Clip Snap pin Stop lamp switch Brake pedal position switch Removal and Installation REMOVAL Remove instrument lower panel LH. Refer to IP-22, "Removal and Installation". ...
Inspection HOLE COVER SEAL, HOLE COVER AND LOWER SHAFT Check each part of hole cover seal, hole cover and steering column and lower shaft for damage or other malfunctions. Replace if necessary. STEERING COLUMN Check each part of steering column for damage or other malfunctions.