- Do not use leaded gasoline. Deposits from leaded gasoline will seriously reduce the three-way catalyst’s ability to help reduce exhaust pollutants.
- Keep your engine tuned up. Malfunctions in the ignition, fuel injection, or electrical systems can cause overrich fuel flow into the three-way catalyst, causing it to overheat. Do not keep driving if the engine misfires, or if noticeable loss of performance or other unusual operating conditions are detected. Have the vehicle inspected promptly by a NISSAN dealer.
- Avoid driving with an extremely low fuel level. Running out of fuel could cause the engine to misfire, damaging the three-way catalyst.
- Do not race the engine while warming it up.
- Do not push or tow your vehicle to start the engine.