Nissan Altima: Towing recommended by NISSAN
NISSAN recommends that your vehicle be towed with the driving (front) wheels off the ground or place the vehicle on a flat bed truck as illustrated.
● Never tow Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) models with the front wheels on the ground or four wheels on the ground (forward or backward), as this may cause serious and expensive damage to the transmission. If it is necessary to tow the vehicle with the rear wheels raised always use towing dollies under the front wheels.
● When towing Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) models with the front wheels on towing dollies, or when towing manual transmission (M/T) models with the front wheels on the ground:
– Place the ignition switch in the OFF position, and secure the steering wheel in a straight-ahead position with a rope or similar device.
– Move the shift selector to the N (Neutral) position.
● When towing Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) or manual transmission models (M/T) with the rear wheels on the ground (if you do not use towing dollies): Always release the parking brake.
● Observe the following restricted towing speeds and distances for manual transmissions (M/T) only:
– Speed: Below 50 MPH (80 km/h)
– Distance: Less than 50 miles (80 km)
Towing your vehicleWhen towing your vehicle, all State (Provincial in Canada) and local regulations for towing must be followed. Incorrect towing equipment could damage your vehicle. Towing instructions are available ...
Navigation monitor (if equipped)
To clean the navigation monitor, wipe it with a silicone cloth or with a soft cloth.