Nissan Altima: Resetting the moonroof switch
The moonroof switch may not operate properly and need to be reset if any of the following conditions have occurred:
● the moonroof has been manually moved,
● the moonroof motor has been removed and reinstalled after the moonroof has been repositioned or adjusted,
● the moonroof glass panel has been adjusted or changed, or
● the electrical supply interrupted and/or some malfunction has been detected.
Use the following reset procedure to return the moonroof operation to normal.
1. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
2. Push and hold the moonroof switch toward 2 . Once the moonroof has reached the full tilt position, release the switch. Push and hold the switch toward the 2 position again. After a delay of four seconds, the moonroof will make a small movement and backup.
3. Release the switch.
4. Within 5 seconds of releasing the switch, push and continuously hold the switch toward 2 . The moonroof will move from the tilt position to the open position and back to the close position.
If the switch is released at any time during Step 4, the procedure must be restarted.
5. Release the switch. Do not place the ignition switch in the OFF position for at least 2 seconds. The moonroof is now reset. If the moonroof still does not operate properly, have the moonroof system checked by a NISSAN dealer.