Nissan Altima: RearView Monitor (if so equipped)
When the shift selector is shifted into the R (Reverse) position, the monitor display shows a rearward view from the vehicle.
● The system is designed as an aid to the driver in detecting large stationary objects to help avoid damaging the vehicle. The system will not detect small objects below the bumper, and may not detect objects close to the bumper or on the ground.
● The RearView Monitor is a convenience but it is not a substitute for proper backing. Always turn and check that it is safe to do so before backing up. Always back up slowly.
● Objects viewed in the RearView Monitor differ from actual distance because a wide-angle lens is used.
● Make sure that the trunk is securely closed when backing up.
● Do not put anything on the rearview camera. The rearview camera is installed beside the license plate light.
● When washing the vehicle with highpressure water, be sure not to spray it around the camera. Otherwise, water may enter the camera unit causing water condensation on the lens, a malfunction, fire or an electric shock.
● Do not strike the camera. It is a precision instrument. Otherwise, it may malfunction or cause damage resulting in a fire or an electric shock.
There is a plastic cover over the camera. Do not scratch the cover when cleaning dirt or snow from the cover.
Brightness buttonTo change the display brightness, press the button. Pressing the button again will change the display to the day or the night display. If no operation is performed within 5 seconds, the disp ...
The in-cabin microfilter restricts the entry of airborne dust and pollen particles and reduces some objectionable outside odors. The filter is located behind the glove box.