Mazda 3 Service Manual: Power Brake Unit Removal/Installation [Mzr 2.0, Skyactiv G 2.0, Mzr 2.5]
Once the brake switch clearance has automatically been adjusted, it cannot be adjusted again. Therefore, replace the switch with a new one when replacing the power brake unit or performing any procedure that changes the pedal stroke.
Secure the steering wheel using tape or a cable to prevent the steering shaft from rotating after disconnecting the steering shaft. If the steering wheel rotates after the steering shaft and the steering gear and linkage are disconnected, the internal parts of the clock spring could be damaged.
1. Remove the battery and battery tray..
2. Remove the master cylinder..
3. Disconnect the brake pipes from the brake pipe joint.
4. Loosen the brake pipe flare nuts as shown in the figure.
5. Move the brake pipes as shown in the figure.
6. Disconnect the steering shaft from the steering gear and linkage..
7. Remove in the order indicated in the table.
8. Remove the brake switch..
9. Install in the reverse order of removal.
10. After installation, inspect the brake pedal..
(See Vacuum Hose Removal Note (MZR 2.0, MZR 2.5).)
(See Vacuum Hose Removal Note (SKYACTIV-G 2.0).)
(See Vacuum Hose Installation Note (MZR 2.0, MZR 2.5).)
(See Vacuum Hose Installation Note (SKYACTIV-G 2.0).)
(See BRAKE PEDAL REMOVAL/INSTALLATION.)
Power brake unit
Vacuum Hose Removal Note (MZR 2.0, MZR 2.5)
1. Remove the vacuum hose from the vacuum hose clip.
2. Disconnect the vacuum hose connector from the power brake unit while pressing the tabs of the vacuum hose connector.
Vacuum Hose Removal Note (SKYACTIV-G 2.0)
1. Remove the vacuum hose..
Vacuum Hose Installation Note (MZR 2.0, MZR 2.5)
1. Insert the vacuum hose connector to the power brake unit.
2. Verify that the vacuum hose is inserted so that the connector contacts the power brake unit flange.
3. Install the vacuum hose to the vacuum hose clip.
Vacuum Hose Installation Note (SKYACTIV-G 2.0)
1. Install the vacuum hose..
Power Brake Unit InspectionNOTE: The following inspection methods are simple inspection methods to judge the function of the power brake unit. If there is any malfunction in the power brake unit, replace the ...
Engine Removal/Installation [Mzr 2.0, Mzr 2.5]
WARNING: Fuel vapor is hazardous. It can very easily ignite, causing serious injury and damage. Always keep sparks and flames away from fuel. Fuel line spills and leakage are dangerous. Fuel can ignite and cause serious injuries or death and damage. Fuel can also irritate skin ...
Rear Door Hinge Removal/Installation
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.. 2. Remove the following parts: a. Rear door. b. Front scuff plate. c. Rear scuff plate. d. B-pillar lower trim. 3. Remove in the order indicated in the table. 1 Bolt 2 Nut ...
Power Window Main Switch Inspection
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable. 2. Remove the inner garnish. (driver's side). 3. Remove the front door trim. (driver's side). 4. Remove the main switch panel. (driver's side). 5. Connect the power window main switch connector. 6.