Mazda 3 Service Manual: Expansion Valve Removal/Installation
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable..
2. Discharge the refrigerant from the system..
If moisture or foreign material enters the refrigeration cycle, cooling ability will be lowered and abnormal noise will occur. Always immediately plug all open fittings after removing any refrigeration cycle parts to keep moisture or foreign material out of the cycle.
3. Disconnect the cooler hose (LO) and cooler pipe. Do not allow compressor oil to spill..
4. Remove the following parts:
a. Front side trim (RH).
b. Front scuff plate.
c. Dashboard under cover.
d. Glove compartment.
e. Lower panel (passenger-side).
f. Side wall (RH).
g. Shower duct (RH).
5. Remove the adhesive polyurethane (2)..
6. Remove the bolt A.
7. Disconnect the evaporator pipe.
8. Remove the bolt B.
9. Remove the expansion valve. Do not allow compressor oil to spill.
10. Install in the reverse order of removal.