- Radiator coolant will damage paint.
Rinse it off quickly if spilled.
- Use only soft (demineralized) water in the coolant mixture. Water that contains minerals will cut down on the coolant's eff ectiveness.
- Do not add only water. Always add a proper coolant mixture.
- The engine has aluminum parts and must be protected by an ethylene-glycolbased coolant to prevent corrosion and freezing.
- DO NOT USE coolants Containing Alcohol, methanol, Borate or Silicate.
These coolants could damage the cooling system.
- DO NOT MIX alcohol or methanol with the coolant. This could damage the cooling system.
- Do not use a solution that contains more than 60% antifreeze.
This would reduce eff ectiveness.
- If the “FL22” mark is shown on or near the cooling system cap, use of FL-22 is recommended when replacing engine coolant. Using engine coolant other than FL-22 may cause serious damage to the engine and cooling system.