Kia Soul: Owner maintenance schedule
When you stop for fuel:
- Check the engine oil level.
- Check the coolant level in the coolant reservoir.
- Check the windshield washer fluid level.
- Look for low or under-inflated tires. Check if the front of the radiator and condenser are clean and not blocked with leaves, dirt or insects etc. If any of the above parts are extremely dirty or you are not sure of their condition, take your vehicle to an authorized Kia dealer.
Be careful when checking your engine coolant level when the engine is hot. Scalding hot coolant and steam may blow out under pressure. This could cause burns or other serious injury.
While operating your vehicle:
- Note any changes in the sound of the exhaust or any smell of exhaust fumes in the vehicle.
- Check for vibrations in the steering wheel. Notice any increased steering effort or looseness in the steering wheel, or change in its straightahead position.
- Notice if your vehicle constantly turns slightly or “pulls” to one side when traveling on smooth, level road.
- When stopping, listen and check for unusual sounds, pulling to one side, increased brake pedal travel or “hard-to-push” brake pedal.
- If any slipping or changes in the operation of your transaxle occurs, check the transaxle fluid level.
- Check the automatic transaxle P (Park) function.
- Check the parking brake.
- Check for fluid leaks under your vehicle (water dripping from the air conditioning system during or after use is normal).
At least monthly:
- Check the coolant level in the engine coolant reservoir.
- Check the operation of all exterior lights, including the stoplights, turn signals and hazard warning flashers.
- Check the inflation pressures of all tires including the spare.
At least twice a year (i.e., every Spring and Fall):
- Check the radiator, heater and air conditioning hoses for leaks or damage.
- Check the windshield washer spray and wiper operation. Clean the wiper blades with clean cloth dampened with washer fluid.
- Check the headlight alignment.
- Check the muffler, exhaust pipes, shields and clamps.
- Check the lap/shoulder belts for wear and function.
- Check for worn tires and loose wheel lug nuts.
At least once a year:
- Clean the body and door drain holes.
- Lubricate the door hinges and checks, and hood hinges.
- Lubricate the door and hood locks and latches.
- Lubricate the door rubber weatherstrips.
- Check the air conditioning system.
- Inspect and lubricate the automatic transaxle linkage and controls.
- Clean the battery and terminals.
- Check the brake fluid level.