Kia Sorento: Panoramic sunroof
If your vehicle is equipped with a sunroof, you can slide or tilt your sunroof with the sunroof control lever located on the overhead console (1).
The sunroof can only be opened, closed, or tilted when the ignition switch is in the ON position.
- In cold and wet climates, the sunroof may not work properly due to freezing conditions.
- After a vehicle is washed or in a rainstorm be sure to wipe off any water that is on the sunroof before operating it.
Do not continue to pull or push the sunroof control lever after the sunroof is fully opened, closed, or tilted. Damage to the motor or system components could occur.
The sunroof cannot tilt when it is in the slide position but can be slid while in a tilt position.
- Never adjust the sunroof or roller blind while driving. This could result in loss of control and an accident that may cause death, serious injury, or property damage.
- If you would like to carry items on the roof rack using a cross bar, do not operate the sunroof.
- When carrying cargo on the roof rack, do not load heavy items above the sunroof or glass roof.
- All occupants of the vehicle must wear their seat belts at all times. Seat belts and child restraints reduce serious or fatal injuries for all occupants in the event of a collision or sudden stop.
Sunroof open warning (if equipped)
If the driver removes the ignition key (smart key: turns off the engine) and opens the driver-side door when the sunroof is not fully closed, the warning chime will sound for a few seconds and a message "Sunroof Open" will appear on the LCD display.
Close the sunroof securely when leaving your vehicle.
Sliding the sunroof
When the sunshade is closed
If you pull the sunroof control lever backward, the sunshade and sunroof glass will slide all the way open. To stop the sunroof movement at any point, pull or push the sunroof control lever momentarily.
When the sunshade is opened
If you pull the sunroof control lever backward, the sunroof glass will slide all the way open. To stop the sunroof movement at any point, pull or push the sunroof control lever momentarily.
❈ The front part of the sunroof glass can only be opened and closed.
If an object or part of the body is detected while the sunroof is closing automatically, it will reverse the direction, and then stop.
The auto reverse function does not work if a tiny obstacle is between the sliding glass and the sunroof sash.
You should always check that all passengers and objects are away from the sunroof before closing it.