Hyundai Sonata: SRS Care
The SRS is virtually maintenance-free and so there are no parts you can safely service by yourself. If the SRS air bag warning light "" does not illuminate, when you turn the ignition on, or continuously remains on, have your vehicle immediately inspected by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
Any work on the SRS system, such as removing, installing, repairing, or any work on the steering wheel, the front passenger's panel, front seats and roof rails must be performed by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer. Improper handling of the SRS system may result in serious personal injury.
• Modification to SRS components or wiring, including the addition of any kind of badges to the pad covers or modifications to the body structure, can adversely affect SRS performance and lead to possible injury.
• Not only the modification of the parts where the SRS sensors are but also the modification of other parts of the vehicle may affect the SRS performance and lead to possible injury.
• For cleaning the air bag pad covers, use only a soft, dry cloth or one which has been moistened with plain water. Solvents or cleaners could adversely affect the air bag covers and proper deployment of the system.
• No objects should be placed over or near the air bag modules on the steering wheel, instrument panel, and the front passenger's panel above the glove box, because any such object could cause harm if the vehicle is in a crash severe enough to cause the air bags to inflate.
• If the air bags inflate, they must be replaced by an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
• Do not tamper with or disconnect SRS wiring, or other components of the SRS system. Doing so could result in injury, due to accidental inflation of the air bags or by rendering the SRS inoperative.
• If components of the air bag system must be discarded, or if the vehicle must be scrapped, certain safety precautions must be observed. An authorized HYUNDAI dealer knows these precautions and can give you the necessary information. Failure to follow these precautions and procedures could increase the risk of personal injury.
• If your car was flooded and has soaked carpeting or water on the flooring, you shouldn't try to start the engine; have the car towed to an authorized HYUNDAI dealer.
Manual adjustment Forward and rearward To move the seat forward or rearward: 1. Pull the seat slide adjustment lever up and hold it. 2. Slide the seat to the position you desire. 3.