Dodge Avenger: Electrical power outlets
There are two 12 Volt (13 Amp) electrical power outletson this vehicle. Both of the power outlets are protected bya fuse.
The instrument panel power outlet, located below theclimate control knobs, has power available only when theignition is ON. This power outlet will also operate aconventional cigar lighter unit. To preserve the heatingelement, do not hold the lighter in the heating position.
Instrument Panel Power Outlet
The center console power outlet is powered directly fromthe battery (power available at all times). Items pluggedinto this power outlet may discharge the battery and/orprevent the engine from starting.
• To ensure proper operation a MOPAR knob andelement must be used.
• Do not exceed the maximum power of 160 Watts (13Amps) at 12 Volts. If the 160 Watt (13 Amp) powerrating is exceeded the fuse protecting the system willneed to be replaced.
To avoid serious injury or death:
• Only devices designed for use in this type ofoutlet should be inserted into any 12 Volt outlet.
• Do not touch with wet hands.
• Close the lid when not in use and while drivingthe vehicle.
• If this outlet is mishandled, it may cause anelectric shock and failure.
• Many accessories that can be plugged in drawpower from the vehicle’s battery, even when not inuse (i.e., cellular phones, etc.). Eventually, ifplugged in long enough, the vehicle’s battery willdischarge sufficiently to degrade battery lifeand/or prevent the engine from starting.
• Accessories that draw higher power (i.e., coolers,vacuum cleaners, lights, etc.) will degrade thebattery even more quickly. Only use these intermittentlyand with greater caution.
• After the use of high power draw accessories, orlong periods of the vehicle not being started (withaccessories still plugged in), the vehicle must bedriven a sufficient length of time to allow thegenerator to recharge the vehicle’s battery.