Chrysler 200: Shift Lever Override
If a malfunction occurs and the shift lever cannot be moved out of the PARK position, you can use the following procedure to temporarily move the shift lever:
1. Firmly apply the parking brake.
2. Remove the cupholder liner.
3. Turn the ignition to the ON/RUN position without starting the engine.
4. Press and maintain firm pressure on the brake pedal.
5. Insert a screwdriver or similar tool into the hole at the front of the cupholder and push and hold the override lever forward.
6. Move the shift lever into the NEUTRAL position.
7. The vehicle may then be started in NEUTRAL.
8. Reinstall the cupholder liner.