Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Transmission Rear Mount Replacement
- Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle.
- Remove and DISCARD the rear transmission mount bracket to rear mount through bolt (1).
- Remove rear transmission mount to frame bolt (3).
- Push and hold the powertrain assembly forward and then remove rear transmission mount.
- Push and hold the powertrain assembly forward and then install rear transmission mount.
Refer to Fastener Caution.
- Install rear transmission mount to frame bolt (3) and tighten to100 Y (74 lb ft)
- Install the NEW rear transmission mount bracket to rear mount through bolt (1) and tighten to80 Y (59 lb ft) plus 45?0 degrees
- Lower the vehicle.
Transmission ReplacementRemoval Procedure Remove the battery and battery tray. Refer to Battery Tray Replacement. Disconnect the transmission range selector lever cable terminal (1) ...
Secondary Air Injection Pump Removal
Disconnect the secondary air injection pump pipe (3). Refer to Plastic Collar Quick Connect Fitting Service. Remove the secondary air injection pump nut (2) and the 2 secondary air injection pump bolts (4). Remove the secondary air injection pump (1 ...
Outside Rearview Mirror Glass Replacement
Removal Procedure Warning: Approved safety glasses and gloves should be worn when performing this procedure to reduce the chance of personal injury. Place masking tape over the mirror glass. Carefully push the outside rearview mirror glass upward and int ...
Antilock Brake System (ABS) Warning Light
This light comes on briefly when the engine is started. If the light stays on, turn the ignition to LOCK/OFF or if the light comes on, stop as soon as possible and turn the ignition off. Then start the engine again to reset the system.