Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Tires and Wheels Description and Operation (Tire Identification)
- Accessory and warranty replacement must use TPC spec tires.
- An outboard orientation stripe is added to the tread surface, with an offset toward the outboard tire face.
- All GM approved tires (Production, Service and Accessory) have a TPC (Tire Performance Criteria) code.
- A replacement tire that lacks the original TPC code will not meet the performance characteristics of the original tire, even if it is the same brand, model and size.
- Force and Moment
- Residual Aligning Torque (RAT)
- Rolling Resistance
- Braking Traction
- Driving Traction
- High Speed
- Air Retention
- Electrical Resistance
- Automatic Mounting
- Endurance (ATE)
- Groove Wander
- Ride and Handling
- Wet/Snow Handling
The TPC system facilitates tire replacement for GM customers on GM vehicle, meeting the same critical performance specifications of GM vehicle original equipment tires.