Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Battery Replacement
- Open the hood.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection.
- Remove the battery retainer bolt (1) and the battery retainer (2).
- Loosen the battery positive cable junction bolt (1).
- Remove the battery positive cable with the junction block (2) from the battery.
- Remove the battery (3) from the battery tray floor.
- Install the battery (3) to the battery tray floor..
- Install the battery positive cable with junction block (2) to the battery (3).
- Install the battery retainer (2).
Refer to Fastener Caution.
- Tighten the battery retainer bolt (1) to22 Y (16 lb ft)
- Connect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection.
Battery Tray ReplacementBattery Tray Replacement Callout Component Name Preliminary Procedures Remove the battery. Refer to Battery Replacement. Uncli ...
Tires should be rotated every 12 000 km (7,500 mi). See Maintenance Schedule. Tires are rotated to achieve a uniform wear for all tires. The first rotation is the most important. Anytime unusual wear is noticed, rotate the tires as soon as possible, check for proper tire inflation pressure, an ...
Liftgate Window Replacement
Special Tools BO-24402-A Glass Sealant Remover (Cold Knife) BO-39032 Stationary Glass Removal Tool Use an adhesive that is approved by GM For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools Removal Procedure Warning: Refer to Cracked Window Warning. Note ...
Starter Replacement (LUW)
Removal Procedure Disconnect the negative battery cable. Refer to Battery Negative Cable Disconnection and Connection. Raise and support the vehicle. Refer to Lifting and Jacking the Vehicle. Remove the drivetrain and front suspension frame skid plate.