Chevrolet Sonic Repair Manual: Air Conditioning Refrigerant Service Valve Core Replacement
- GE-39400-AHalogen Leak Detector
- GE-46246Valve Core Removal Tool
For equivalent regional tools, refer to Special Tools.Removal Procedure
- Recover the refrigerant. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging.
- Remove the service port valve core (1) using theGE-46246remover .
Refer to Fastener Caution.
- Install the service port valve core (1) using theGE-46246remover .
- Evacuate and charge the refrigerant system. Refer to Refrigerant Recovery and Recharging.
- Leak test the fittings using theGE-39400-Adetector .
To prevent dirt particle abrasions, regularly clean the vehicle's interior. Immediately remove any soils. Note that newspapers or dark garments that can transfer color to home furnishings can also permanently transfer color to the vehicle's interior. Use a soft bristle brush to remove d ...
Instrument Panel Lower Compartment Replacement
Instrument Panel Lower Compartment Replacement Callout Component Name Preliminary Procedure Open the instrument panel lower compartment to the full open position. Disconnect the instrument panel compartment dampener from t ...
Engine Oil Pressure Light
Caution Lack of proper engine oil maintenance can damage the engine. Driving with the engine oil low can also damage the engine. The repairs would not be covered by the vehicle warranty. Check the oil level as soon as possible.