Chevrolet Cruze Owners Manual: Filling a Portable Fuel Container
Filling a portable fuel container while it is in the vehicle can cause fuel vapors that can ignite either by static electricity or other means. You or others could be badly burned and the vehicle could be damaged. Always: • Use approved fuel containers.
• Remove the container from the vehicle, trunk, or pickup bed before filling.
• Place the container on the ground.
• Place the nozzle inside the fill opening of the container before dispensing fuel, and keep it in contact with the fill opening until filling is complete.
• Fill the container no more than 95% full to allow for expansion.
• Do not smoke, light matches, or use lighters while pumping fuel.
• Avoid using cell phones or other electronic devices.
Filling the TankWARNING Fuel vapors and fuel fires burn violently and can cause injury or death. • To help avoid injuries to you and others, read and follow all the instructions on the fuel pump island. • Turn o ...
This vehicle has front disc brakes and could have rear drum brakes or rear disc brakes. Disc brake pads have built-in wear indicators that make a high-pitched warning sound when the brake pads are worn and new pads are needed. The sound can come and go or be heard all the time the vehicle is m ...
Securing Child Restraints (Rear Seat)
When securing a child restraint in a rear seating position, study the instructions that came with the child restraint to make sure it is compatible with this vehicle. If the child restraint has the LATCH system. Do not secure a child seat in a position without a top tether anchor if a national ...
General purpose thread repair kits are available commercially. Warning: Refer to Safety Glasses Warning in the Preface section. Note: Refer to the thread repair kit manufacturer's instructions regarding the size of the drill and which tap to use. Always avoid any buildup of chips.