Buick LaCrosse: Pulling a Trailer
Here are some important points:
• There are many laws, including speed limit restrictions that apply to trailering. Check for legal requirements.
• Do not tow a trailer at all during the first 1 600 km (1,000 mi) the new vehicle is driven. The engine, axle, or other parts could be damaged.
• During the first 800 km (500 mi) that a trailer is towed, do not drive over 80 km/h (50 mph) and do not make starts at full throttle.
This reduces wear on the vehicle.
• The vehicle can tow in D (Drive).
Use a lower gear if the transmission shifts too often.
• Obey speed limit restrictions. Do not drive faster than the maximum posted speed for trailers, or no more than 90 km/h (55 mph), to reduce wear on the vehicle.
Driving with a TrailerTowing a trailer requires experience. Get familiar with handling and braking with the added trailer weight. The vehicle is now longer and not as responsive as the vehicle is by itself. Check ...
Using Automatic Climate Control
The automatic climate control system in your vehicle maintains the interior temperature you select. The system also adjusts the fan speed and airflow levels. 1. Press the Auto button. The i ...
Braking action involves perception time and reaction time. Deciding to push the brake pedal is perception time.